Sunday, July 3, 2011

A career to define yourself


Being a college student is really changing me, and the person I hope to be. When I was going through the application process, I never thought I would attend an institution that revolves around social justice; I am now majoring in it!

I am still trying to figure out what that is going to mean in the future for me. I have a sense of what social justice means, and the impact of the field on human prosperity. I picture myself making a difference in peoples' lives, and helping others be aware of how vital it is to support children who have disorders, or women that need help getting out of shelters to have a happy and thriving life. I hope to do volunteer work for women shelters, ultimately to grow in understanding how torn families can harm children, and their parent's ability to give them the best life possible.

I believe that jobs are not soley about making money, because then what we do would turn into a desire to have the most money at the expense of innocent human beings. I feel that it is my duty to make sure families can resolve issues that arise in the home and beyond. I know that, one day, I will be changing peoples' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment