Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I am Not Here

One day, I decided that I was going to change the world,

But does the world hear me; does anyone see me?

For I wander in existence with myself,

Knowing that I am a wave in time;

Simply coming, always going.

One day I dream to be alive

And prove that I am real.

My brain works quicker than a car on I-80 in hyper-drive

Thinking of the obscure and of human-kind.

If I were alive, I would deem myself insane and shrewd,

As I give commentary like a narrator of life through the eyes of a mere

observer.

Sometimes I ask myself if I truly think;

I do not believe that I do.

I pass the time believing that I can do everything and anything,

Alas my health and dreams collide and conflict until I am drained.

How I long for the day when my weary eyes would wake

For all I live for, my work and for change, I would die for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment